QNAP Virtualization Station

Tried implementing Virtualization Station on my QNAP TS-653…complains that
ports 8088/8089 are being used by other apps ( Channels DVR); is there a known
work-around for this? Don’t want to shut off Channels DVR

You need to change the port in virtualization station. See the following thread for exactly what to change (@tmm1 has a screenshot):

1 Like

Thanx for the tip…tried stopping Channels DVR…but still get the blank window telling me
that ports 8088/8089 need to be freed up…I’m on latest version of 4.2 on this QNAP…something
tells me that I need to remove Channels DVR to get around this…something I don’t want to do
altho I could do a restore to get my recordings back…Uninstall Channels DVR and then make the
changes to ports used in the Virtualization Station

Nevermind, it seems you did try stopping it.

Did you stop it from the QNAP apps page or did you uncheck the DVR checkbox in the DVR settings page? If you did the latter, try the former.

I tried both…thanx for the continued interest…some service or process must be
still attached to the ports after I stop the DVR app…I really hate to remove the DVR app
to try this out…but I don’t have any other ideas

Stopping the DVR should be enough. It definitely says stopped in the app center?

Can you screenshot the error you see?

If you decide to remove the DVR, you should be able to reinstall and visit http://x.x.x.x:8089/restore to get your data back.

I’ll send the screenshot later today; thanx for the interest

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 6.09.12 AM

I had the same question in January. This may help you out.

So I removed Channels DVR , edited the port info for VS and was able to
configure the VS with my Network & storage locations…had to reboot my QNAP NAS
to clear the 8088/8089 error I posted above…reboots hurt, BTW…did a reinstall of Channels DVR and a restore and seem back in business… VS did not support my level of port-trunking for the
Virtual Switch so I had to modify all my network interfaces…took some time but everything
is in place now…I just need to move my file-serving & plex server to another network
trunk

1 Like