Questions about import (beta)

The search entry produces a list of results below, then you click the result that matches. You can search for "S1E2" etc

1 Like

Mine all say "No results found"

I see now that if I remove the filename, I can do my own search. I am getting results then. I'll try to work with this and report back if I have further questions, but I'm good for the moment.

Frequently, the video episode name previously recorded with another “tv guide” might not match the episode name in Channels. Even the episode number might not match. I have found that a one or two word search will match the Channel’s guide.

You'd probably have better results if you just renamed all your video files. It's not ideal, but it'd be a lot faster than fixing the incorrect match on ALL OF your episode videos.

Because your filename doesn't have any identifying information in it, Channels DVR Server can't determine what episodes to match them with.

Try renaming your files from The Terror_AMCHD_2018_04_02-20_00-00.wtv to The Terror - S01E02.wtv to represent the season and episode it is.

Once you do that, scan them in again and it'll just work.

2 Likes

I’ll experiment with the file name changes with my next import after my new power supply arrives and I get my Win7 WMC machine back up.

Just as an FYI, I added a nice plug for you guys on thegreenbutton.tv. I figure other WMC users like me are a prime market segment for your product. It was actually a reply to one of your older posts, Maddox. That’s what initially brought Channels to my attention.

2 Likes