Questions on Commercial Detection

I think you might be correct ... Channels DVR has a great gui for editing commercials.

Just answer this simple question do you want to use your own INI file yes or no .? If the answer is no then I am outta here and will not offer any more feedback.

No. I want to be able to adjust the settings that the built in comm skip program included with Channels DVR uses. You say it has great gui to edit it. I think you are taking about editing the video. I am talking about being able to edit the settings that the Channels DVR is using with it comm skip program with actual user interface.

That is what the comskip.ini ... I give up.

You are confused.
If you want to change the way Channels DVR detects commercials, you can edit its comskip.ini file.
But you need to understand what you're doing.
Likely that neither the Channels DVR developers or this community will help you with that.
BECAUSE comskip was not written by the Channels DVR developers.

It's not as easy as you think.

1 Like

Yes you can edit it with notepad but if you go all the way up to my first comment and just about every comment I made I said and will say again, I would like an easy way to change the settings on comm skip program. That's all because it doesn't work very well for me. I also said that I have no idea what any of it means when you open it up with notepad on windows and that is why my only thing I asked would be an easy way to change the comm skip settings on Channels dvr. If it can't happen then it can't. Not everyone is technical enough to just be editing the ini file and know what it does in notepad. I am one of them and is why I never asked how to edit it manually. I think to many people were on this and everyone got confused who was saying what unfortunately. But I do appreciate everyone trying to help everyone on here. It's a great community for sure.

If you look in your Channels DVR folder and click on logs then select comskip then any folder you will see the Comskip.ini that Channels DVR uses you can copy it over to to where the comskip gui is and edit it then put it in ... "C:\ProgramData\ChannelsDVR\data" and it will use it.

Just do not touch these settings ...

use_existing_logo_file=0
logo_fraction=0.39
delete_logo_file=1
output_vdr=1
output_edl=1
output_ffmeta=1
output_ffsplit=1
thread_count=1

Welcome to the club. Will probably never happen. Channels DVR didn't develop comskip.
They have a commercial editor on their web UI and iOS.
You can provide feedback on that and issues you have with it.
Other than that you can edit the comskip.ini to change comskip behavior if you know what you're doing or you can use something else if Channels DVR commercial detect isn't working for you and is a deal breaker for you. Just let us know what that is.

Paragraphs for god sakes. Paragraphs.

1 Like

Paragraphs have gone the way of cursive writing and math .. lol ... you just need to know swipe left right up and down. Siri Bixby and google.

1 Like