Rare comskip hang

Reproduced 30min time-out on a h264 recording on QNAP.

Since I started this, I want to note that this new timeout would also work just as well if the wait time was an hour or even longer. I just need subsequent recordings to continue processing in the rare event that comskip is hung on a recording.

EDIT: or perhaps a toggle option so that people with very slow comskip can still use it.

Strangely enough, comskip on my mac mini for an h264 recording only takes 6 minutes. So something is wrong with the linux version specifically.

All my comskip jobs now timeout since the update. Iā€™m running on an old Atom processor. It can take hours for a comskip job to run, but they always worked. I record a lot of sports that can take 5 or 6 hours to run the comskip process. I have not had an issue with the process hanging. It just takes a long time.

I was having comskip timeouts too with UK h264 programmes. Comskip takes about the same time to run as the show length for h264 (Celeron J1900 on Linux). Recently you seem to have increased the timeout or removed it as Iā€™m having successful runs of over 30 mins. I understand the timeout was introduced after a bug report of a hung process.
Any chance comskip could be disabled per channel. In the UK the BBC doesnā€™t broadcast adverts at all as they are funded by our TV license fee.
That reminds me. It is a legal requirement that viewing or recording live TV in the UK or Crown Dependancy requires a TV license. You might wish to mention this somewhere in the app description or website.

On the web ui, you can mark specific shows as not needing comskip. There is no way to do it per channel.

Thanks for tweaking the timeout.

Iā€™ve had a look and canā€™t see the how to skip comskip in the web ui for a show - where is the option?

Itā€™s a bit hidden. Click on Recordings > Shows > All. Find the show and click on it, then uncheck Detect Commercials in the gear dropdown.

Ah yes got it thanks, so does it only stop comskip thatā€™s in progress rather than being about to tell a scheduled recording not to comskip in the future?

No itā€™s the other way around. It will not stop anything in-progress already. But new recordings of that show will skip commercial detection.

Makes sense thanks.

Bit of a feature request but it would be handy to have the option to not comskip when scheduling a recording or creating a pass.