Raspberry Pi 5 Channels Image?

I am getting ready to build a new Raspberry Pi server. Will there be a Raspberry Pi 5 image in the near future? I have a Raspberry 4 image that is kind of old. Does the image get updated in any way, or does it need to be done manually? I answered my question as I am running the latest version 2023.0104.2027. I am very happy with the 4, but often have a log of lag in loading movies.

Nothing is being worked on currently. If you want Channels DVR Server on your Pi 5, you'll want to install it using the Linux instructions.

Though we haven't even tried it ourselves. Pis are sort of just not making as much sense as they used to.

There's some good info on this topic though:

1 Like

I have to upgrade to Pi 5 because my case, Argon ONE M.2 NVMe doesn’t cool the SSD enough, I suspect. I think when I record too many streams, the SSD might be getting hot and crashing Channels. Their Pi 5 case improved the design and the Pi 5 has an actual M.2 NVMe connector.

So, with the recent news of someone attempting to put a back door into a common Linux utility, +1 for a Pi 5 image that minimizes the chances of having a security vulnerability.

Remember, the Pi5 lost the hardware accelerated video (e.g., transcoding) that the Pi4 had.

Similar, but different platform.