Raspberry pi player/client for channels?

Is there a channels player/client image for the raspberry pi? I enjoy using channels, but android can be a bit difficult at times and I’d rather not have to get an apple tv to get the best channels experience. I think having a raspberry pi dedicated solely as a channels client could be an easy way to have a set top box that incorporates live tv, library and all the other features that channels offers.

If you don't want Android, then your best option is probably LibreELEC paired with the Kodi add-on. But honestly, it probably won't give you the first-class experience you're looking for.

We don't have any plans to write new client apps for new platforms. Maintaining Apple TV and Android TV is already enough work.

6 Likes

Google how to put Android TV onto a RPi...there are ways.
It can get advanced, needing knowledge of using ADB and other things that average person may not be comfortable with.

Also, if you do not mind use the "unsupported" .m3u method to tie in an Emby server to use Channels DVR Server as tuner source, you can use the Emby Theater image they offer to make the Pi a dedicated Emby client.