Really Realy need Record With pause Til Viewed And Manual Record

You folks at Channels have been brilliant with release after release of incredible upgrades like virtual channels. This is great but one of the most requested features plastered all over the board has been for manual recording or at least something simpler I propose here Before I do I want to be clear this is not a minor problem but a MAJOR one especially on OTA. Take programs like Mash that you may or may not watch once a day. It matters not whether or not you set retention rules to 1 or 3. Channels shall dutifully record the next episode in line, delete the oldest, commercial detect and then repeat this process upon next in line. It is not uncommon for an OTA channel to have 30 or more episodes lined up in 2 weeks. Guess what my DVR is getting a HERNIA from all these repeated procedures. If you, unfortunately, have another channel at the same time The drive is taking a beating!
Hope I haven't lost you yet. My proposal is as follows when the recorded 1,3 whatever episodes have been recorded have a setting in passes which would stop future recorded episodes until you watch 1 or more. This just seems not that difficult to implement. I also realize this still doesn't solve the manual issue but I am convinced that what I prose should at least be looked at to prevent this excessive drive activity and provide in a roundabout way a portion of the Manual goal. Hell their all re-runs it doesn't matter if you watch the latest!

You're asking for the Limit feature which is already implemented. You can find it on the web UI in the advanced pass editor.

Thanks for the info. I do have and it spears to be a Global setting. This going to help BIG time. I do read my Channels Emails, never recall seeing this one. The other part of my request in regards to ability to manually set time, channel is still very important because....I ran out of wind on last (egg on face) lengthy post.

Appoligies, I take back that Global. This is TERRIFIC!

1 Like