Record to something other than mpg, OR post transcode to mp4 on a Mac?

I went with Channels specifically for the OTA recording when Google bought SageTV & killed it.

Plex, Myth & others are good, but Channels, like Sage, offers a much better non-tech end user experience for kids, spouses, older people - the set top boxes were bulletproof & easy to implement.

I just want Channels to recognize recordings by file name, so i can change the container & CODEC to anything (this, i believe, is how SageTV functioned - take the OTA MPEG-2 to h.264, keep the file name the same & it recognized it in the library)

You can do that.
Remux or Transcode the Channels DVR recording and overwrite the Channels DVR recorded file with it. Just keep the same filename and extension Channels recorded to and Channels will use it.

If you do that you should Refresh Metadata and Regenerate Video Index on the recording.

I do that for recordings I remove commercials from and use a windows command script to mark the recording as having no commercials, refresh the metadata to pickup the new duration and to regenerate the video index.

Just started using FileFlows and it has been working well. Does anyone know how to refresh the metadata and regenerate the video index via a web hook?

Your answers are right above in the previous message from @chDVRuser. :wink:

As my wife would say, I used my man eyes...
Thank you!