Recorded, Queued Icons Missing @ /admin/guide/later/movies

The tiny orange or green icons shown in the admin interface at /admin/guide/later/movies
no longer appear below movies that have been or will be recorded. This started about a week ago but I waited until I'd rebooted my server before reporting it.

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting this. It's fixed in the latest pre-release.

2 Likes

@eric I'm still not seeing the green recorded icon (:arrow_forward:) next to recorded movies in On Later on v2024.01.29.1920.

@miles Please submit diagnostics and provide the name of the movie you aren't seeing this on and a screenshot of what you're seeing.

I'm seeing this on every movie in On Later. Here are two examples:

• Shazam! (2019)
  • Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

/admin/guide/later?section=upcoming-movies

After clicking on each movie, I can see they are marked as recorded:

/admin/search/MV010777880000?seriesName=Shazam!%20(2019)
/admin/search/MV016070910000?seriesName=Spider-Man:%20No%20Way%20Home%20(2021)

Logs have been submitted as c9a7ccb9-1eff-42f6-b9ff-1c2664b51d1e.

1 Like

It does not appear that Shazam was recorded off of the TV, so it wouldn't match the in the guide.

What is making things confusing is that it does appear that in the past you did record it off of TV, so separately it is listed as being recorded in the past, but it isn't your current Import that is the thing that made it say it was Recorded.

I'll discuss internally how we best want to present this to the user.

Ah, Shazam! was a bad example then, we can just ignore that one for now.

What about Spider-Man: No Way Home? That one was never imported, only recorded.

1 Like

Yep. I see everything about Spider-Man should line up with showing the icon. I'll have to dig into that further to see what's going wrong there.

Looks like my last fix had another silly bug in it. The next release coming out shortly will have the fix for this. Thanks for reporting it. I had only tested that queued recordings worked.

1 Like

@eric That did it! Thanks for the quick fix!

/admin/guide/later?section=upcoming-movies

1 Like

In looking into this, I've realized that we shouldn't be displaying the green icon for Shazam right now (due to the fact that it wouldn't be playable if you had deleted the recording but not added the import), so in the next pre-release, it will not be displaying the green icon for that one.

As we've stated elsewhere, we do plan on improving the mapping between imports and recordings to be able to bring this back, but the fact that it was working for you was just that it was happening to show you the correct result for the wrong reasons (and will lead to confusion in other situations).

I can confirm the issue I reported is fixed. Pretty darn fast resolutiion :slight_smile:

I found a similar edge case: when a duplicate recording is made (thereby overwriting the entry in /dvr/programs), but then the newer recording is deleted and only the older one is kept, the airings page shows it as Recorded (there is a playable recording with the same Program ID), but the green icon is missing in On Later.

I believe we have a more in depth fix in the works for that one.