Recording conflicts between markets

So I live between 2 TV markets and receive CBS and FOX from both. I only get NBC and ABC from the Sacramento market but CBS and FOX come in stronger and more reliably from the Chico towers to the north. I’m trying to record CBS from Chico channel 12.1 but the DVR records the show from the Sacramento channel 13.1. The episodes air an hour earlier on 13 so that may be part of the problem. Is there a way to force the DVR to record the later broadcast on channel 12?

You need to make sure the guide data for each channel in the DVR is correct, because that’s what’s used to make recordings. This is bit harder than it should be, but basically you need to look up the correct station ids for the channels in the other zipcode and use that to tell the DVR what they should map to.

See Living in multiple OTA viewing areas for guide info? and let me know if you have questions.

The guide seems correct and shows both channels . It’s more of a recording issue

1 Like

Okay, I guess I misunderstood. You’re saying you have two versions of each channel, not that two markets are using the same channel numbers.

The best way to fix this is by hiding the channels you don’t use or get worse signals. You can do this by clicking the “123 channels” link under your HDHR and clicking the :no_entry_sign: icon next to those channels.

Yeah, they use different channel numbers and show up separately in the quide. I’ll try hiding the CBS out of Sacramento like you suggested for now but it would be nice to have the option to watch that channel occasionally, mostly for the news.

Okay, then you can also go to the DVR web UI Passes list, click on the pass and enter a channel number it should record from.

Thanks, I’ll try that tonight.