Redetect Commercials in Bulk

I found the option to redetect commercials for a single episode. Is there a way to do it for an entire series?

Example: I am importing entire series from SageTV and want to have Channels detect commercials for all episodes in that series.

There is no way to do this in the UI, you have to resort to scripting, but there are api calls that would allow you to do this. Others have done this as well, here’s an example:

1 Like

I have asked for EDL support for imported media just for occasions like this ... I am sure all your recordings have EDLs associated with them.

I though Channels did not use EDL files. (And yes I have the EDL files from SageTV)

So you're making a feature request: if edl file with same filename exists next to imported video, import as commercial markers?

Do the sagetv generated edl files look the same as the ones our dvr generates?

Yes they do and that is a request.

384.95 642.01 3
665.06 845.08 3
1370.37 1572.90 3
2117.72 2237.70 3
2818.05 2983.11 3

The 3 is for KODI not needed.

I use Channels DVR and EDLS as Import to SageTV

Okay feature is added in the next build. ETA 20min

5 Likes

You guys are great ... Thank You.

@tmm1

It works recognized the EDLs I Had to remove and re-add the imports but it works.

1 Like

You can use Refresh Metadata on existing import as well

3 Likes

WOW. That was unbelievably fast. :smiley:

Thank You!

2 Likes

Technically if you can search dvr json file for all episodes of a show you have in library you may do this:

1. store each ID of episode in an array
  2. for each element in array do
curl -X PUT http://<server_ip_address>:8089/dvr/files/{element}/recomskip

This will send all episodes to retedect commercials however it is not instantenous, but rather they are added to queue.

Sorry to wake an old thread but can some help me out on how to reprocess commercials in bulk. I'm not technically illiterate but scripting is not a skill of mine. I am trying to re-detect for hundreds of episodes in a single folder on a Linux server. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

I wondered if it would be a possibility on the show page to say redetect all commercials?

I forgot that I left this message. I got some help from @beyo77 to develop a script that will re-detect commercials for any specified show or movie. PM me if you would like details.

@psperry and @beyo77 I'm also interested in this script. Would you be willing to share? I'd greatly appreciate it :slight_smile: