Regarding custom channels, are there any hand holding tutorials for complete newbies?

I'd love to get into Pluto TV and custom channels, but every discussion, every thread feels like I'm walking into the middle of a conversation that might as well be in Chinese. LOL! There's also Github where a lot of source is located and navigating Github feels like reading hieroglyphics. If anybody knows of good sources for beginners, who doesn't know the terms and lingo, please direct me to them.

I'm actually most interested in creating my own 24/7 channel from my own sources. Best case scenario is somebody hand holds me in this thread. LOL! But I'll settle for links.

I hear this word a lot.. DOCKER. Would learning about Docker be a good beginning?

2 Likes

I've actually seen that post. But he's talking to people who know what they're doing, the lingo, etc. How do you install dizquetv? I gotta get something called Docker first? I assume the green arrow and CODE is where I download dizquetv. Once I extract to a folder, I'm lurking inside and have no idea how to open these files, I don't see a step by step readme either.

Like I said, it's walking into a middle of foreign language conversation. LOL! FWIW, it's lead me to researching Docker. I feel like I should begin there. Lots of videos on Docker on YT.

Yes, Docker is a good place to start. I’m not gonna lie, this stuff can get pretty complicated and technical, which is why it’s hard to do a total “step by step”. I’d say your best bet is to give it a try. When you get stuck, post as much detail as you possibly can and the community may be able to guide you.

2 Likes