Remote control button activity changes?

I have noticed that since updating to Oreo on the Shield TV that the button behavior during playback of recordings seems to have changed.

I use a Harmony remote with a hub for my Shield. Previously in the app if I pressed the ffwd/rwd button it would automatically skip through the entire segment marked for commercials. This same functionality also worked with a double press of the right direction or left direction button. That now seems hit or miss regarding whether it works or not.

Did something perhaps change in the Oreo update that requires different coding to achieve the usage of these additional buttons? Anyone else seeing this?

What happens when you double-click the right direction button?

What happens when you click the forward-skip button?

I get the standard preset seconds forward like if I have just clicked the right direction button once.

I have a little update on this. I was playing around again today with it and I realized that if I press and hold the ffwd button it will skip through the entire commercial. I don’t know why I didn’t think to try that before. I don’t think I had to hold the button previously.

Anyway, so I don’t know if this is really an issue or just how the functionality always was and I didn’t realize it before.

IIRC, a 1 button press on Harmony would perform the entire comm skip. Hardly use Shield/Android, but I remember being very impressed with that functionality.

This posting leads to me to conclude that 1 (long press) was working for entire comm (segment) skip: