Remove comskip markers from entire series

How are comskip markers removed? A playon import had comskip set and doesnt need it, now it skips thru half the show on all shows.

In the web UI find the episode. If the episode options tab allows "Edit Commercials," you can fix fix the incorrect commercial skips. You can also rerun "Redetect Commercials" in the options tab.

I'm not willing to put the time into correcting over 200 shows separately, and redetect commercials makes things even worse. How is it that there's no "Remove Commercial Skip Marks" button?

1 Like

Aside from the fact it would be nice to remove all commercial markers with a button.

Are you using the PlayOn Cloud service integration in Channels DVR?
If so, the PlayOn Cloud recordings are already marked with ad skip markers in the .mp4 files downloaded from PlayOn. They should not be getting comskip run against them.

If you're manually importing these as local content imports, they do not get comskip run against them automatically.

How are you determining that Channels DVR is running comskip on them to mark commercials?

Yes, PlayOn as a service in Channels. When I went into manage series, detect commercials was enabled by default. I unchecked in the hopes it would clear all of the markers but that doesn't do anything. So then I clicked redetect commercials, and that made things 20 times worse. Now Im screwed.

If I am misunderstanding, then ignore. But if you browse to the folder(s) containing these video files, do you also see files with the same name ending in .edl ?

If so, then simply remove the .edl (and only the .edl) files, as these are used to trigger commercial skipping (and are setup if auto comskip in DVR is set for recordings, and also setup if you try running "re-detect commercials") It is safe to remove these as they only contain information used in skipping commercials, and otherwise have no effect on the actual video).

PlayOn marks the commercials after it records, before you download from them. So any PlayOn Cloud recordings Channels DVR downloads, already has the commercial marker in the .mp4 file and you cannot get rid of those markers.

I think you can clear the markers via the API?

You are misunderstanding. The edl file is optional and doesn't affect commercial skipping in Channels DVR. The commercial marks are held in the Channels DVR database for the recording.

True, but

I'm thinking my mistake was clicking Redetect Commercials. I boogered that up.