REQUEST: swipe up on remote for what's up next

At the moment if you swipe down on the remote you get the nice listing of what’s on the other channels…I think we need to use the ‘swipe up’ for something useful as well as the Direct TV app does.

Could we maybe make it expose the current channel guide data showing what’s on for the next few hours? Or something else useful?

1 Like

Just a quick note on this - the swipe up only works with a siri remote. It does not work with the prior Apple remote, or Logitech Harmony remote.

1 Like

Yes, that’s the one issue I have with the Channels TV app, too. So much of the functionality (skip backward and forward, jump to end of commercial break, etc.) requires the Siri Remote, whereas before we were able to use the Logitech Harmony One for everything. It would be nice if there were some way to program the Harmony buttons to mimic the Siri Remote features, although I appreciate that that may be more of an Apple issue than a Channels one.

1 Like

Not to diverge this request further - but I am a little suspicious that open source Siri remote features is not an Apple issue, but moreso an intentional justification to purchase their $79 replacement Siri remote.

Which functionalities are you missing? We’ve worked hard to make sure that both the Siri remotes and Harmony/Universal are 1:1 in support of all of the functions.

Harmony remotes are even able to take advantage of having dedicated commercial skip buttons by using the the SkipForward and SkipBackward buttons.

What should the harmony be set to for one click commercial skp using those buttons? I have the harmony hub and love it. Just upset that Playstation Vue doesnt allow me to use the Harmony for fast foward/rewind!!!

You’ll want to make sure you’ve programmed your Apple TV device to the “Apple TV 4” profile. If you had a previous Apple TV prior to getting an Apple TV 4 and have just been using that, it won’t work.

Read more here: Expanded Media Keys for IR Remotes

I had missed this update! Thank you for all the hard work. I’ll give the enhanced commands a try tomorrow on my Logitech One. I didn’t see any mention of the +30/-7 seconds type skipping. Is that implemented too?

It works just like the Siri remote does. Left and Right on the direction pad will seek back and ahead. Hold them to rewind and fast forward.