Rerunning comskip on all recorded shows?

I found a post from a couple years back where the OP mentioned "If I select Redetect Commercials". I have not been able to find that option, how to I get Channels to run comskip on shows it doesn't appear to have been run on?

Also, I was looking for an icon on shows to tell me comskip has been run on them. I believe it was a "cs" icon that would let you know there were comskip files associated with that show on Sagetv, how do I determine if its been run on a channels show? -Bill

1 Like

Web UI> Library > Click the Show/Movie > click "Select All" > Actions > Redetect Comercials

1 Like

There isn't any.
There are many ways to tell if comskip or the new smart ad detection was used (by looking under the covers), but nothing surfaced in the UI.

Any hints on "looking under the covers"? I tagged a bunch of shows to run comskip against. But now I have no idea of which I have and haven't run it against, it was late last night. I was thinking I could watch a show I am sure I ran the scan on, but I never saw the button on the bottom of the screen to skip them like the choice I picked for playback said there would be. So I can't tell if it actually ran or I am just missing something obvious. UGH.

The easiest way (using the Channels DVR web admin UI) is to look at the recorded file json.
For an episode, go to DVR > Manage > Shows, click the :gear: Options dropdown, click on View Details and then click on the File ID number
Commericals will display the time of the markers and CommercialDetectSource will display the source of detection, "CommercialsTagged": true means the new smart detection was used.

You could also check out the server API if you want to script something.

You can also examine the dvr log which will tell you if comskip or the new smart detection was used for ad detection.

1 Like

Wow, thanks for that! You really need to dig for that info! Is there a wish-list somewhere for stuff like this? It really should be right on each shows entry, just like the HD, CC, TV-PG info. (not sure what those little icon like things are called). "CS" listed would be something nice to know.

-Bill

Oh, and a few minutes after my last reply, I did find a Filter called "Verified" in that same menu area that has a commercial section, with Verified and Unverified choices to filter by. I think Verified means it has had commercial skip run against it. -Bill

Well, an UPDATE. It may not mean what I think. I re ran the comskip setting on a few recorded shows and they are not showing up as Verified, so I guess I have no idea what that tag means.

I could be wrong. Someone correct me. I think verified is if you manually edited commercials in the WebUI.

1 Like

Correct. I think it's also applied to imports with sidecar .edl files and the integrated PlayOn Cloud recordings.

The little icons come from the guide data and are called Tags.

You can create a new Topic for a feature request Feature Requests - Channels Community