Scheduled recordings - Tags at a glance

Could you surface these tags on the scheduled recordings view of the DVR web UI

• New
  • Live
  • Series Premiere
  • Series Finale
  • Season Premiere
  • Season Finale

Currently, only the New tag is displayed there.
The calendar view does display them, but only when hovering over a scheduled calendar entry.

Examples
Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 09-20-46 Channels Schedule
Capture
Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 09-56-20 Channels Schedule
Capture

We’ll take a look, I didn’t think we were limiting tags anywhere in the web ui, but it could be.

OK, I improved this a little bit. While I don't want to show the full tags here as they are distracting and not nearly as important as the NEW tag when seeing a list of scheduled recordings, I've added the full list of tags as a hover.

So just hover the NEW tag and it will show you the complete tags.

When are we going to get these tags in the quick view on the Android client which is the way many of us watch?

Asked for months ago.

What shows in Android and Apple TV while watching is what we plan to show. There's no plans to show more than that. This was answered in the past as well.

You agreed in the following thread that it's not correct in Android two months ago:

Tag "New" airings in Guide & everywhere - Channels DVR / Feature Requests - Channels Community (getchannels.com)

Thanks, but not what I was asking for.
It's still not visible at a glance of the scheduled recordings.
I think Premiere and Finale are just as important as Live and that New is unreliable.

CRAP!!! I forgot that was your original request, not just to have all the tags on there. And you're totally right, those are totally valuable.

OK, I'll revisit it. Sorry, busy day!

1 Like

Yes, and that's a bug and we intend to resolve it.

OK, scheduled recordings now show if they're NEW, Live, Season Premiere, Season Finale, Series Premiere, or Series Finale. They only show 1 of these because they all infer New.

Sorry about the miscommunication!

1 Like

Thank You!

On Android TV can the number of tags be reduced to the most important?

For example. The TV show The Lazarus Project recorded last night. The show is Season 1 Episode 1. The tags are:

• Series Premiere
  • Season Premiere
  • New

To me, "Season Premiere" and "New", while true, are redundant.

Season 1 Episode 1 would be "Series Premiere"
Season 1 Episode 2 would be "New".
Season 2 Episode 1 would be "Season Premiere".

"Season Finale" and "Series Finale" can both be true, but redundant. Series Finale would also be Season Finale.

On the TV screen for Android, all of the tags exceed the space and leak over the show art.

Picky for sure, but screen space as formatted is too limited for all of the tags to fit properly.

Can you share a screenshot

1 Like

Yikes, I thought that was handled years ago. I'll take a look!