Scheduling Season Pass - New England Patriots

I'm having issues setting up a season pass to record the "New England Patriots". Tonight's game, and many games, will be aired on CBS. Looking at the upcoming recordings list, the airings that are shown being recorded are from the NFL Network and not from the local broadcasts. In the guide, I see that the Patriots game is airing on both the Boston CBS and the Portland Maine CBS.

Is there a reason why the NFL Network broadcast, which is likely blacked out anyway, is defaulting and the season pass doesn't pick up the CBS broadcasts?

What is shown on the web UI dvr schedule? How many channel numbers are shown in the airing?

Ohhhh.... I see. So I have 6192 (NFL Network), 8.1 (ABC Portland), 4.1 (CBS Boston). But the displayed logo is NFL Network. If there's more than one listed, does it record based on the priority of the sources or will it record all three feeds?

Based on priorities and favorited channels

I have the same question (Providence metro), but was just waiting for tonight to see what happens.

Both channels are favorited and both are HD. I have my Web UI set for TVE > OTA > M3U, so I was curious to see what happens. Also, I'm unsure if the game on NFL Network will be blacked out, and if it was, I wanted to see what Channels would do.

Right now, I'm not sure how it is going to fall out!

Also fair to note I would have 4.1 (CBS Boston) and perhaps a couple of other local-ish OTA channels if I didn't unfavor them.

Could you add a Channel EXCLUDES 6192 condition to the pass?

No need to wonder, it will try in the order shown in your screenshot on the right. If you change your priorities/favorites you’ll see the order change there. It will try the first option, and only go to secondary options if the first one fails.

TL;DR, watching Live on NFL Network gave the blackout warning, but the recording of NFL Network still worked because...?

I was able to watch live on 64.2, but somewhere in the 2nd quarter it started to sound underwater and stutter. Only the game, not the commercials, so I think something was wrong from the WBZ feed to the station. I added 4.1 back to my lineup to get the Boston direct feed instead and that was 100% perfect the rest of the game.

@jtanderson, I like your idea. I added the "Channel != 6192" to the advanced pass and that dropped the NFL Network in the recording options.

@Macnbaish, thanks for clarifying the order shown is definitive. Is there a way within OTA I could put in a condition for a preference order? Like I'd want 4.1 > 64.2 > All Other or Main Channel > Sub-Channel.

Meanwhile, since I already have TVE > OTA, CBS 6003 should record before any of the OTA anyway, so that should be covered. This is already working with Jeopardy:

Since they are from the same source you would have to use favorites for this. Favorite just one of them and it will become the first option, if it fails the other OTA channel will be tried before moving on to other lower priority sources.

Hmmmm... I see what you are saying. It is such a temporary and limited issue, I think I'll just manage manually on the few occasions it will be a problem.