Sharing a discovered feature in the server guide

I use the server guide very often to select programs and/or movies to record. I found that using the guide to be difficult because there was no way to continuously scroll to future dates or times. Having to select a date or time slot to search wasn't working for me.

I was recently using the guide and happened to click on the channel logo. In this case, it was TCM. To my amazement, I got a new page listing all the upcoming movies for, at least, a couple of weeks that would be playing on TCM. I was able to select a movie and schedule a recording and any of the movies listed all in one location.

This allowed me to schedule many recordings in advance without having to pick the date and time from the regular guide.

So click on any channel logo, and a new page will appear showing all the upcoming movies or programs on just that channel.

I just stumbled on this feature. It may be documented some place in the Channels information, but nothing I have read discussed this feature.

This feature has made scheduling my recordings so much easier, so I am just sharing for those, like myself, who have no idea that this feature exists!

Happy searching!

2 Likes

I think you’re talking about “On Later”, you can read more about it here:

It’s been in the user manual for a long time

1 Like

Hi. I am familiar with On Later and use it a lot. The difference is by clicking the channel logo in the guide, it brings up the programs for ONLY that channel. The programs from all channels are not mixed in all together like they are in On Later.

This was actually just discussed very recently on the forum:

(Also, this same behavior is present in the Apple client apps.)

Some things are docuemented in their Support Articles
Browsing What’s On a Specific Channel

Guess I missed it. But all the same, it was a happy discovery!

Nice feature, thanks for mentioning that. It would be really awesome if there was a way to click on just one channel and see the calendar view populate with all programs on just that channel in calendar format (not just scheduled recordings, but all shows). Maybe there is already a way to do that?

1 Like