Show Title Search with Imported Content

Hello all! I notice that with a recent pre-release with imported content, if it fails the meta search, it defaults to using the file name as the title of the show. This is great for me because I like to download and import my favorite YouTube videos rather than play the scroll, scroll, scroll game in their app. Using the file name as the title is perfect especially combined with the new editable meta data and art options, the content looks like it belongs there.

Anyway, I was thinking about dinner and remembered something that Sam the Cooking Guy made that sounds great for tonight. I figured that all the show titles are in there now; I should be able to search using a key word. I can't. I searched for the key word Tso (for General Tso's Chicken, yum) and nothing comes up using Apple TV, iPhone, or Fire Stick. Oddly, it comes up using the web UI but I can't play it. At least that seems to indicate that it's in the database -- maybe good news. Any plans to add this in a upcoming release?

It is planned to update the apps to use the new library search backend that was added to the server late last year.

2 Likes

Excellent! I figured you guys were on top of it.

This is now available in the latest TestFlight beta.

1 Like

Yep! Seems to be working perfectly. Thanks!

1 Like