Slow DVR Interface with Large Library

I have added my large library of 2500 movies and 1250 tv shows which have about 61000 episodes. The import took around 16 hours with “Pre-Optimize Videos” disabled.

Since adding the content to my server anytime I try to access any function in the DVR web interface that interacts with the imported content, it takes anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds to load the page. I see the navbar and a spinning arrow icon during that time period. I often have to refresh the page to get it to fully load.

Additionally when opening or resuming the channels app on my Apple TVs or iOS devices I see a screen saying “Preparing your TV” for around 15 to 30 seconds. Once loaded the app seems to function fine.

I can’t be sure but it seemed that the slow down occurred sometime around the time that 30-40 thousand items had been imported.

My server is running on a M2 Mac Mini that is accessing the media on a NAS with 10gig network. The Apple TV is wired and the iOS devices are wireless.

I have submitted DVR diagnostic logs: b7b2afff-7784-406e-87cb-48013862f382

Is there anything I can do to help with load times in the DVR interface. The slow initial loading on the apps is not as big a deal for me.

I only use the server and media locally.

1 Like

Developers are aware that large libraries can slow things up for CDVR and are working on improvements. I don't think there are a ton of users with libraries as massive as yours (kudos to you) so the diagnostics you submitted could be of help.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.