Slow/Missing Images via web gui

I have been seeing this issue for a little while but decided to post about it today.

I notice that when searching for movies (see screenshot) I often get a lot of movies that the images never generate or generate very slowly. This doesn't only occur when I do a search. It often occurs just browsing the library via the web gui. It also will do it when I am trying to change a movie poster and it is searching the web. I often can get the images to finally fully populate if I refresh the browser or exit and retry the search.

I never see this issue when browsing via any app such as on the Apple TV or on my iPhone.

This is happening on both Chrome browser and Edge. My DVR version is 2022.10.01.1300.

Are you using an ad blocker?

Not on the computer I was accessing the web gui from, but I checked the computer where I have the DVR server installed and Ublock Origin was installed on Chrome on that one so I uninstalled it.

Trying it again I notice that it seems handled for when I am doing a movie search via the collections interface, but searching for new poster art for individual movies still has the issue, although it does seem better.

It also seems faster when doing regular viewing of movies. Before, it was a bit sluggish. It almost seemed like it was really slow and would time out searching so some of the posters wouldn't show.

Could the ad blocker on the DVR computer cause that for the local posters? I could see perhpas an internet search for updating art may time out if the site it's connecting to is slow.

Are these imports?

Yes. In case it is helpful, some of the images are ones that I have made and uploaded and some are straight from the internet. It doesn't seem to matter which type it is when they don't load.

Are you seeing errors in the console. We’ve been seeing rate limits from tmdb.

Do the problem images have filenames ending in _ad.png ?
My uBlock Origin was blocking those

Another user

McAfee issue

Are they https or http links?

I have completely removed Ublock origin and I don't have McAfee.

It seems like since I removed Ublock origin the images pop up faster when doing a general search but when I try to update an image to something else and it's using TMDB it sometimes takes a minute for the images to start populating and after they start some don't ever populate.

Here is an example link from the image I updated for the movie The Birds: https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w342/P7tFU4dYntWVb4H09UJQSBNlB7.jpg

Even changing an image with files I have on my NAS (posters I've downloaded) it's really slow.

I've never had this issue with Plex when changing images whether from the internet or my own saved files.

How is your internet speed? I have XFINITY and sometimes when they do an update it is real slow have to reboot the modem. I clicked on that image, and it came up instantly.

I have 400 mbps download speed.

If I click on that image link it also comes up instantly. I don't have any issues with images coming up outside of Channels.

I just tried it on one of my computers connected to ethernet since I was doing this via my laptop on wifi. It's still just as slow via the ethernet computer doing the same things via the web gui.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.