***Solved**** Moving only part of the recordings in database?

I believe that's what I did...

Hm, the settings do look correct.

You can try adding a mapped drive in case that works any differently.

Could be an auth issue perhaps with the UNC?

Or does case matter on the UNC, public vs Public and dvr vs DVR?

I did previously try using a mapped drive, I added it again.

Ok, I also did what Edwin suggested, now my selection looks like this:

2023-03-20 18_17_57-Window

Do I need to do anything to re-index the database so it "finds" the recordings in the "new" location?

Have to take a break for a bit, will check back later.

1 Like

No there's nothing that needs to be done. When the software fails to find it in the primary location, it looks in the secondary storage paths. The folder structure must be the same in those paths, but it does look that way in your screenshots.

Since it obviously isn't finding the recordings in the new path(s), what can be done? Anything specific I can check?

Reboot, restart DVR, or something else, maybe?

What does the DVR Log show (under Support > Logs)

I tried to play back one of the programs that was moved to the NAS drive from drive D:\DVR. The Fire TV displays "! Connection Lost". Here is the last line of the log file:

2023/03/20 18:52:46.695748 [ERR] Recording 975 (TV\Barnwood Builders\Barnwood Builders S15E01 Legendary Log Homes 2023-02-23-2000.mpg) missing: CreateFile D:\DVR\TV\Barnwood Builders\Barnwood Builders S15E01 Legendary Log Homes 2023-02-23-2000.mpg: The system cannot find the file specified.

If you open powershell and paste this, does it show an error or the correct file result?

ls "T:\DVR\TV\Barnwood Builders\Barnwood Builders S15E01 Legendary Log Homes 2023-02-23-2000.mpg"

Result:

How about the same thing with the UNC path?

By any chance are you running Channels DVR as a Service ? If you are you need it to use the user on your system ?

Result:

Edwin,

Please explain how I'd know the difference. Not something I'm familiar with without googling it..

run services.msc and look for channels DVR example below browse for user,

Does the DVR icon appear in the system tray? If not, its running as a service.

tmm1, No, it is not in the system tray.

Edwin,

Here's what I see...

Capture

Click on this account and type in the user and password you use hit, ok? and restart the service.

Edwin, I think we have a winner! Followed your directions and that episode now plays on the Fire TV client. Also, when I look at it using the View Details drop down for that episode under DVR > Manage, I now get the programs details instead of an error message that the file could not be found.

I thank you both very much for the assistance! Now my wife can watch her Hallmark Christmas movies again.

Cheers!

Glad to help .. knew between @tmm1 and I we could find the solution. Enjoy.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.