Some Siri Actions Show Black Screen When Executed While Playing Live TV

After much testing, I’m still having issues with reliability using Shortcuts Actions. Using the shortcut action, “Show playlist on other device” from within an iOS shortcut will fail with a black screen if tuned to live tv. The only work around for me is to stack two commands together with a 1 second delay in between…

1 Like

In your Siri Action, are you just showing the playlist, or do you have it set to automatically play?

When reporting issues about Siri Shortcuts, please include these details, as they matter. A screenshot of the action's configuration from your Shortcuts app would do well.

I apologize for not being more detailed in my post. That said, a screenshot of the shortcut action I’m using is attached. FYI, I’ve tried each of the different playback options with the same result.

This was resolved in the latest TestFlight beta:

Looking forward to testing the changes, thanks so much! BTW, do I need to recreate the shortcut actions or will they simply reflect the changes in the update?

I appreciate your hard work :grinning:

For this fix, it was a fix on the tvOS app to handle it correctly. The iOS app wasn't effected (but it was for all the other fixes in this release).

Thanks for the explanation. :grinning: