"Source" condition in Advanced Pass creation

Now that we have great Custom Channel sources available to us (some of which don't always have reliable guide data, like Pluto and Stirr) I had the thought that it would be useful if we could set up our Advanced Passes not merely with a "channel" filter, but a "source" one, too. To only include or exclude specific sources. Is that possible?

I have this one specifically recording TV pilots from the 70's and 80's.

Great idea! +1 vote. :slightly_smiling_face:

The workaround right now is to use a combination of channel < XXXX and channel > YYYY.

1 Like

I would appreciate this addition as well.

With so much talk in the forums recently about the awesomeness that is Advanced Passes I thought it might be time to resurrect this feature request. Its been mentioned in other threads too, but only briefly as those threads either continued on their OP or just ignored the "source" option suggestion, or just suggested using specific channels.

In my use case I was thinking of making an Advanced Pass that would find new prime time half hour comedies on the broadcast networks in my area. Of course I could always filter the individual channels I wanted to select from. And that will work fine with what I want to do. But... the first thing I though of was "maybe all I need to do is select my HDHR Prime source as that only has my locals (everything else on it is DRM)". So in my case it would be something like Source -> Contains 1324B7E9. Yeah, in my case this can be done by specifying channels, but I have seen some other places where people would also like to target the source and I figured it wouldn't hurt to suggest it again.

I still would appreciate this one as well.

1 Like

+1

As of yet I dont have a lot of advanced passes with a metric shit-ton of variables. Thats mostly do to my lack of imagination. That being said. The ability to set sources as a variable could be really cool.

On the few I have done, i specified certain channels. I think this is a pretty nifty idea.

I am not sure if I missed any follow up to this request in the past year. I am going to resurrect this in case no solution to this has been offered since the OP.

My use case right now is that I want to exclude any channels from my Pluto source from recording (because most Pluto channels are currently unable to provide CC [another request is pending on that issue]). I can not use the [channel] greater-than less-than because my Pluto channels are in a range in the middle of all my possible channels. Cannot do <9000 and >9999 because the AND makes it impossible.

I suggest a condition like this:
[source] [excludes] [M3U-PlutoTV]

Agreed. And thanks for the bump, I would still love to see this functionality added.

In the interim, at least for what you’re trying to accomplish, why not move the Pluto channel block to start all the way at the end of your list, like 99000, so you can filter for all the other channel numbers that are less than that? I’ve cleaned up my channel number assignments recently, it’s very easy now that each custom source’s starting numbers can be assigned manually in the CDVR webui.

Bumping this old thread again. This would be a very welcome addition. I suspect this must be a hard one to implement in code but I really have no clue.

1 Like