Start up hang and crash bug

Ive been having issues with channels hanging on start up recently. Ive used the following settings for about six months with absolutely no issues.

Settings/general/start up/

Startup section. Live tv
Startup channel Abc 5.1 (OTA channel from hd homerun)
Set section on. App Launch & Resume

Lately when im not watching channels on my apple tv for a while , when i open the app the default live tv channel tries to come up but hangs with a spinning wheel. The menu button is completely non responsive and basically i have to use the app switcher to close the app and then reopen the app before i can get the system to respond. Less often when i hit the menu button during this start up hang i have seen the app crash to the ATV home screen.

This happens on BOTH the release and testflight beta with latest server prerelease

Anyone else seeing this?

I dont know how to submit diagnostics when the app hangs like this as the menu button to even get into the support page is unresponsive.

I have the same set up as you and use it multiple times a day without issue. Have you removed and installed channels on the appleTV. or what about resetting your appleTV. also, I Think there is a known issue with one tvOS version. you might want to make sure you are upgraded to the most current or beta tvOS. Maybe that will fix your issue.

More system info.
Apple tv 4k 1st gen
TVOS 15.2

Please try with Channels v5.2.1 update from the App Store