Title of Help request

This is the text of the post

I would like this too.

2 Likes

I'd propose one change, ignore this show until I delete some, or its new.

1 Like

I came to the forum looking for this feature. I have someone recording two shows that air about 10 times a day and unless they pause the pass and then unpause (back and forth) my HDD is constantly running, recording episodes that will never be seen and a tuner is constantly being used up.

Is it the same show over and over ? if it is you can select a time to record.

how do I do that? it's just reruns of the same show over and over.

Edit advance pass and set this condition to what time you want ...
Time CONTAINS 8pm

thanks Ill give it a try when I figure out why I can't view any channels all of a sudden (after removing a TV Everywhere source), even though I can through the HD Homerun app...

A feature I suggested a while back was to be able to mark certain episodes to "keep until I delete". So if you have it set to always have 10 episodes recorded, but don't want particular ones to roll off you can make them to "keep until I delete them".

There are quite a few shows that I just want to have X episodes and don't care if they are the most recent. I would like something similar but more automatic. I like that there is an option to pause a pass but I would like the option to automatically have the pass paused when I get to the X episodes and then resume to get more episodes when some are watched.

There's already a similar feature. You can adjust a pass's Keep option. While it doesn't pause the pass, it achieves the same function. You can select it to save the last 1, 3, 5, 10, 20 or 30 episodes of a series. Then, when the latest one records, if the total number of episodes exceeds the threshold, the oldest episode is deleted.

Thanks racameron but that is not the behavior I'm looking for. If I only want to have 5 episodes, I want it to stop recording new or rerun episodes until I have less than 5.

We're testing a new setting under advanced passes that implements this feature. Try prerelease v2021.04.29.0105

1 Like