Stuttering audio on iPhone

I’m experiencing horrible audio performance. Lots of audio stuttering and dropouts.

How does it work in the official HDHR app on the same iPhone

2 Likes

I’m experiencing bad audio on iPhone and iPad as well. Occasional crackling and pops mostly, on all channels all sources. Doesn’t happen on Apple TV client.

Fix:

Settings in app
Change audio driver to “experimental”

Appears to be a bug/incompatibility with iOS update or hardware.

I’m sure a client update will eventually resolve

4 Likes

@tmm1 I do not have the audio issues in the HDHR app, only in the Channels iPhone app. (Not in the Channels iPad or tvOS apps).

1 Like

Is it any better with the experimental audio driver?

1 Like

100% fixed with the experimental audio driver.

3 Likes

Same here. Experimental audio driver fixed my issues.

1 Like

This is still an issue on iOS 17.1.1. The experimental audio driver fixed it for me.

I also got the same problem following iOS 17.1 update whilst streaming Channels DVR on iPad Pro and iPhone 15 Pro. Switching to experimental audio solved the crackling and popping on the audio channel for me too. Not sure what experimental audio setting does but it has fixed what broke following iOS 17 update. Thankyou

1 Like

I'm a brand new user.

I was having the same issues on my iPhone and iPad. Just turned on experimental audio and it fixed it. Thanks!

New Channels user here. Same issue. Latest iOS 17.2.1. Enabling the Experimental Audio Driver in the iOS Channels app cleared the issue up. If I didn’t discover this, I would have given up on Channels.

Is this on the roadmap for a permanent fix, either by moving the Experimental Audio Driver to default or by addressing this in the Default Audio Driver? I’m mostly concerned about other users that may not know to change this setting as a workaround.

We're looking into this. Could you submit diagnostic from your device

Thanks! I reproduced the problem and submitted diagnostics.

Note: after submitting diags, I disconnected from Tailscale (on the iOS client) and tried again locally with the Default audio driver and it sounded good. Tried again with Tailscale disabled and Default audio driver enabled, and didn’t have the problem at that point.

Seems to be intermittent to me.

I don't use Tailscale, and I was experiencing the exact same stuttering both on iphone and ipad. Once I turned on the experimental feature on audio, the stuttering went away.

We found a way to fix this intermittent issue. Please try the latest TestFlight build with the Default driver.