Suddenly lost about 50 channels in TV Everywhere

What provider are you using? I had a similar issue with Hulu and was advised to remove the device in my Hulu account and re-add in channels. It worked for me.

1 Like

I use DirecTV and I even completely removed the tuner from Channels then re-added with the same outcome. Very weird that the majority looks like they are owned by Disney. Maybe Disney changed something in the authentication that Channels doesn't like? I am the wrong person to speculate on that but it is just a guess.

1 Like

I just looked in DirecTV and they don't seem to have a device history for logins to remove anything instances.

I have lost all TVE channels. YouTube Tv is provider. Trouble shooting shows green check mark beside TV Everywhere and TV Everywhere DNS. I can access YouTube TV directly. Rescanning takes way too long on each channel, like it's failing.

Similar, many TVE channels not working but some are. I'm trying not to press too many buttons for fear of doing something I'll regret later. I'm FIOS and e.g. HGTV on rescan says "no login form found". Shows how much I love Channels... I have probably 5 ways to watch each channel and this is definitely the platform I prefer!

Try updating to the latest DVR prerelease version Pre-Release access for DVR subscribers

1 Like

I tried the pre-release. Still jacked up. I almost fell like some more channels are not working as of this evening.

1 Like

I am getting this as the error but I know I am using the correct info as I just signed in directly to the DirecTV site. This is getting very frustrating as it was working a few days ago and DirecTV doesnt have a proper app to stream with unless you buy a separate service DirecTv Stream. Makes me want to switch providers solely on these issues alone.

I had a similar problem once with DirecTV too.
What seemed to fix it for me was to change my DirecTV account password and then update it in the source on the server.

2 Likes

I can give that a try but I removed it completely from Channels DVR and now it won't authenticate back.

What are you running Channels DVR Server on?
And is it running from a container?
If Chrome isn't up to date it can cause issues.
Some installs will use a version of headless-chrome that Channels DVR includes and uses.

I had to migrate my Channels DVR servers from a Synology package install to the latest Channels for TVE docker container to get an updated version of chrome.

2 Likes

Mine is running the Channels server in Windows 10

2 Likes

Make sure Chrome on it is up to date.

1 Like

I just did. No go. thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't checked yet.

1 Like

The stream app works for Satellite customers now without any additional charge. I mean it’s not Channels and you can’t record…

1 Like

Yep, the app for AppleTV was updated back in November:

Update - fixed. I did two things. First since I saw chrome referenced in some posts I assume that meant google's chrome browser so I installed it. Second, I changed my google and youtube tv password. Rescanning all channels got them all back and useable.

Very frustrating. Still get the 205.4 error when trying to authenticate with DirecTV login.

1 Like

Were you able to try my suggestion?

Yes. No go.

1 Like