Support SXX (S01) for season on local content

I have something that creates local content with folders like:

/tv/The Office/S02/2x4.mkv

vs what is currently supported:
/tv/The Office/Season 2/2x4.mkv

any way to support that via configuration? Or is there already a way to configure this?

Did you see that it didn't work, or did you just assume it. Because the season folder name isn't actually that important for show imports. It mostly relies on the video file name, which is correct for you. So I'm curious what's going on.

Please submit diagnostics from your server so we can take a look.

well it doesn't get metadata / group it into a folder for the show -> all shows go in a S01 'group' -> I have to keep renaming to Season 1, etc to get metadata

does that explain it?

1 Like

Thanks for the details. Will fix

Awesome / thank you - hopefully I am not the only person using that product with channels.

@uranus Can you show us a screenshot of your imports? I think maybe you're importing incorrectly.

You can't add individual show directories to Show imports. You need to import the parent directory. Channels DVR Server assumes the nested directories are groups of shows.

If you imported: /Playon/Star Wars_andor, then it is assuming S02 is a tv show.

Try deleting the import, and instead, importing /Playon. If this isn't the case, then just ignore me!

sorry, got busy - you are damn fast - thanks, tested / that change is working now for the first "new" show I tried. for clarity my structure examples:

F:\Playon/Star Wars_ Andor\S01\Star Wars_ Andor_S01E01_Kassa.mp4
F:\Playon/Mr_ Pickles\S04\Mr_ Pickles_S04E01_The Tree of Flesh.mp4
F:\Playon/Regular Show\S01\Regular Show_S01E01_The Power.mp4
F:\Playon/Regular Show\S08\Regular Show_S08E01_One
F:\Playon/Warehouse 13\S01\Warehouse 13_S01E02_Resonance.mp4

etc.

Is there a command to force it to refresh existing folders? tried maintenance -> scan sources and it doesn't re-group the old ones. I only have a few left - so no biggie, now going forward this should be great. Thanks again

There's no easy way to redo the old ones. You could move those into the Imports/TV folder to scan them in fresh.