Switching providers, channels appear twice in guide

Neither do I. Users don't switch providers by removing one first and adding another later?

Did you remove the HDHR as a source in BOTH the Client App and the DVR web UI?

No. Why would I do that?

Oh ... right. The "SERVER" doesn't run the show around here.

What a mess.

You can toggle the sources on/off on the client to hide the dupes.

I believe this bug is specific to the android client. I made a note to investigate the root cause.

Not sure if you’re trying for it, but you’re definitely in the running for “worst attitude” on these forums. The tone of many of your posts and comments is negative and antagonistic. You’d probably have more people willing to help you if you tried a bit more honey and a little less vinegar. Just some friendly advice.

I've been using the same piece of software to record television to a computer for almost 2 decades. It had about the same amount of development time as this software has. There are some great things happening here, but so much missing that sometimes it's hard to stay positive.

If every aspect is going to be in constant comparison to a previously used piece of software, you will never find satisfaction. While there is no problem with wishing for favorite features to make their appearance, you will likely never use the current software to its full capabilities because everything will be thought of in terms of how things used to be, rather than how they are, or how they could be better.

If your investment in the prior software is so great, and you are dissatisfied in Channels addresses features, then perhaps remaining with the old software would serve you better. (To illustrate this point, there are myriad law offices that will never abandon their Word Perfect and slew of templates for Office or any other software.)

As a simple example, a clock in the program guide isn't a "personal favorite feature," it's a common sense feature that any DVR software must have. Most DVR Servers run the show, but not here, I get it, but it over-complicates what would otherwise be simple logic.

Of course I still run the alternate DVR software. When Channels DVR misses recordings (like when the HDHR tuner finds a sister station in another close market because the weather is just right and uses it for a season pass instead of the local working channel), the alternate software won't make this mistake because it has a simple provision for newly added channels that lets the user decide how they are handled.

I try to use the best of both worlds, but when I make a simple change from an HDHR tuner to the Locast tuner, it becomes a headache for me when the phone starts ringing from my immediate family who happens to be watching remotely and is confused by the duplicate channel listings, so I have to talk each one of these non-technical people thru the fix on their client device.

Why is a clock a must have? I have no need for one and have no issue with there not being one.

1 Like

Whenever I'm browsing the program guide, just channel surfing for something to watch, I'll see a show that I like and select it, only to realize that there is only 15 seconds left. It would have been nice to know that in advance I suppose.

The TVE implementation and DVR is working great with Spectrum. Thanks to the developers for your work on this and ongoing upkeep.

Agree. One of the reasons I watch in the web UI is my computer system clock is in the system tray at the lower right. Then all I have to do is click on the program before I play it and see what time it ends. But then I've also been told I'm an edge case/user.

The Apple TV client shows a tick mark at the top of the guide—immediately below the times—representing the current time. It's small, and if you're not looking for you'll probably never notice it.

A complete vertical bar—dimming the guide to the left of the bar—for the current time would be better, but this is what we have now. Also, it is only on the Apple TV client; no other clients have this visual indicator, although I wish they did.

That sounds like a "personal favorite feature" not "a common sense feature that any DVR software must have" .

I could say the same thing about a Channels Client.
To each his own...

Where did I say Channels client was a "a common sense feature that any DVR software must have" ?

I quoted your post above when I replied

you might not have an issue but some might want one does not hurt to ask if you would like one.

Problem with this workaround is you need one per screen...

hahaha one of my favorite posts.... tried that it kept falling ..... not

Is there another widely used (within reason) DVR software out there that doesn't have some form of clock at least somewhere in the UI?

Nothing like beating a dead horse, eh.

Anyway ... developers doing a great job, really appreciate all the hard work.