Tailscale integration recently stopped working

Tailscale integration (built in) has been working great until recently and now I cannot connect. The only change is updating to iOS/iPadOS 16.1 RC. Has anyone else been having issues lately?

Please go to Settings -> Support -> Submit Diagnostic Logs from your device and let us know when it's been submitted so we can have a better idea of what was going on.

Diagnostics have been submitted. Thanks so much for all of your help!

It doesn't look like the client was trying to connect via the Tailscale IP. Can you manually connect to the tailscale 100.x IP when remote and see if that works?

Yep, that worked. Any thoughts?

That's the correct way to connect to Tailscale when remote. You have to manually connect to the Tailscale IP. It's a feature that is currently under development and will be simplified as time goes on.

Is this a regression as it was connecting a few weeks ago without any intervention using the latest beta client and server version at the time…

1 Like

It will continue to try to connect to the last manually selected IP until another one is manually inputted.

Good to know. Thanks so much for the clarification… :+1:

I forgot to mention that live TV works when away from home, however when trying to play a recording, I get an error message suggesting that it can’t retrieve the recording…

Please submit diagnostics from the app after seeing this error.

Done. :grinning:

Thanks! I've identified the issue and will work on a fix.

That’s wonderful! Thanks for all of your hard work.

The latest Testflight build should fix this. Thank you for reporting it.

This seemed to do the trick! Thanks so much for your speedy fix… :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.