Team-based sports artwork not refreshing correctly

This has been happening for a little while now, but have been too busy to report.

See screenshot. The group itself was re-created by this new recording last night, but the artwork remains from an older recording. This used to update with the matchups successfully, including when deleting 1 of a group.

This has actually been a long standing bug. Which has technically been resolved, but only moving forward. Old recordings will have to be manually fixed. Let me try to explain:

When a recording is made, it's kept in a group. For example, Seinfeld. When Channels finishes a recording, it takes the NEW recording's art, and copies it to the group. This way the group's art is always up to date and not stale.

When making a Team Pass, it records to the sport league's group, in your case Women's College Basketball. So when the recording is done, it used to copy the art over. But this is actually incorrect for sports. As the group's art shouldn't be the art for a single event, it should be the art for the sport league.

A few weeks ago, this was fixed. This is why you don't see it updating anymore, because it won't anymore. Now, when a recording is created, the group should have the league's art there, which is how it should be.

You can fix the art yourself for the group with the Art Picker in the web admin.

I hope this helps explain things a little better.

Thanks for the very detailed answer.
I "get" all of it, but just to make sure I'm fully understanding...

The current "bad" artwork is persisting because the group in question was created by the first recording into it ages ago, and it's irrelevant that the group "reappeared" with this latest recording last night?

Yep, Group records stick around even when there's no recordings. We do not remove them from the library, we just hide them. So their art, edits, etc are all the same. This is because people will routinely watch all of a single show and then delete all the recordings. We don't want to remove certain settings like commercial skipping, watch order, art, metadata edits, etc just because all the recordings have been watched and deleted.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.