The Complete Collection Of MTV’s Headbangers Ball

Premiering in April 1987, MTV’s Headbangers Ball featured music videos from metal and hard rock bands of the 80s and 90s–everyone from AC/DC and Mötley Crüe, to Ozzy Osbourne, Def Leppard and Twisted Sister, to Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and Van Halen. If you’re jonesing to revisit some metal classics, you’re in luck.

Found via:

2 Likes

Nice find! This really takes me back and shows my age!

Excellent! Thanks for sharing. Along similar lines NPR put together a playlist of the first 100 videos broadcast on MTV:

2 Likes

Oh man. This takes me waaaaaay back.

The thrill of hearing your favorite band listed in the first minute as playing tonight from Adam Curry (get this Ricky Rachtman nonsense out of here).

I'm one of the lucky few to see SOD live in NYC (the guys who were the soundtrack for all of the old intros) - what a crazy show!

...and I present to you all - the bestest most ridiculous one ever (and I'm not even sure if on this list, but it's got the HBB logo on it)

Adam Curry aka. Pod Father later. Check his No Agenda podcast with John C. Dvorak. A new episode starts in about an hour.

https://curry.com

Adam Curry is pretty big in the tech podcast sphere.

Curry registered the then-unclaimed domain name "mtv.com" in 1993 with the idea of being MTV's unofficial new voice on the Internet. Although this move was sanctioned by his superiors at MTV Networks at the time, when Curry left to start his own web-portal design and hosting company, OnRamp Inc, MTV subsequently sued him for the domain name.

There's no way to make this a channel I gather, even though the following thread gives the impression you can until you dig into it:

YouTube Playlist as Virtual Channel - Playground / Virtual Channels - Channels Community (getchannels.com)

As the starter of that thread I am pleased to report I discovered there are quite a few ways to do so, actually. I’ve been doing it with an app called MediaHuman and others have used tubesync. There are other threads in this community discussing such integrations, search should turn up a few.

You know what fhey say: “Where there’s a will, there’s a way.”

And sharing is caring! The future’s so bright, we gotta wear shades. :notes: :sunglasses: