Theater Mode issues

We're enjoying this new feature, but have found two situations where it doesn't quite work.

1. Theater Mode is great for movie nights when we get together for the shared presentation. But later on when we're resuming a movie we've already started watching, we don't need/expect bumpers or trailers ahead of time. I know I can tap Play instead of Select in these cases, but I don't always remember and then when the unlabelled trailer plays, we're confused "is this the same movie we were watching?" So maybe Theater Mode can be set to only precede "complely unwatched" movies, or something to that effect?

2. When the movie we intend to play is in CDVR by way of a .strmlnk file, after the trailers play, we get a "Recording Corrupted -17" error. Theater Mode works fine otherwise with "regular" video files. The only way I can get these .strmlnks to launch, is to disable or bypass Theater Mode.

1 Like

Great thanks.

I think the idea for 1. Is great. I agree this gets annoying. I ran into this with my son the other night. We kept stopping and restarting a movie (you can imagine how horrible it is for my family to watch things with me in Channels. I’m always noticing and checking something :joy:) and it was annoying. Well only do theater mode when the movie is starting from the beginning. Great idea.

Good catch on strmlnks, we’ll skip theater mode for those.

These are resolved in the pre-release:

It’s not mentioned in the notes, but stream links won’t participate in theater mode anymore. They’ll just instantly run.