This Old House Live Stream

Never mind. I see the refresh drop-down is right there in front of me!

Yeah, Pluto data sadly only goes back about 12 hours. You can get it to update hourly, as you found out. However, I do believe all the Pluto sources themselves only update every 3 hours.

Bumping this thread...

Now that the new season of TOH has started back up again on PBS, I'm finding that my Pass is not recording the shows on PBS.

For the record, I setup 2 passes, one for TOH on the Pluto streaming channel, and one for TOH on my local PBS channels. I modified the two passes so each one is hard-coded for a specific channel.

However, the pass for the streaming channel records fine, but the pass for the PBS channel isn't recording anything. When Iook at the "upcoming episodes" or whatever for the pass on PBS, the episodes show up. But they don't ever record.

Is there something else I need to do to make the pass for the PBS channel work?

Same exact thing here. I found I had to change the pass to all episodes instead of new episodes for it to find the new series. Seems that the shows are not getting tagged as new.

Ah, so I removed both TOH passes and did some experimenting. Looks to me like perhaps the issue of new episodes not recording may be unrelated to the fact that I have 2 different TOH passes. I think it is what mtnbrk60 said. This season's new episode on PBS are not getting flagged as new. So I set my TOH pass to record All. We'll have to wait-and-see a week or so to tell if that does the trick.

Strange.
zap2it shows them as New in the Show Episode Guide, but not on the grid guide or listings.
zap2it-This Old House

I added SeasonNumber > 43 to my pass

Gracenote's quality seems to have tanked over the past few years. (As they try to expand into being an everything-data company serving every aspect of media, it seems they have lost the quality that Tribune used to have.)

This is also directly related to the new/not new that occurs with syndication. In the US, shows that enter syndication are being marked as new (such as 911 on USA), whereas Canadian shows entering syndication in the US are not marked as new (such as Coroner on CW).

So I'm coming back around to this thread. As I mentioned abovce, rather than adding the TOH livestream, I added the PlutoTV TOH channel to the DVR, but after several months it seems like I've exhausted their set of seasons/epsiodes.

My question is this... If I add the TOH livestream, which has no EPG, and I record a bunch of content, and I manage to find a way to identify the season/epsiode after-the-fact, is there a way to retroactively feed that information back to the ChannelsDVR library? Maybe the easiest thing is to copy the recorded stream file to a name that conforms to the import requirements and import the stream file?

Yes, I believe that should do it.

If not, plan B:
Channels Support - Metadata Editor (getchannels.com)

The way I handle issues like this is by moving the files out of channels and on to my general media drive (with my other Movies and TV shows that I imported into Channels). I rename the files to the correct naming format and then channels will import them and match the correct metadata using gracenote. Just make sure to manually "prune missing recordings" to keep things tidy.