Three HDHR Primes with 9 Tuners is Awesome

Is Reelz still only available in SD using cable cards via Comcast? There were other channels too. I was told it was being fixed, but didn’t stick around long enough to see if it actually happened.

Just seeing you comment now.

When Comcast started Reelz in HD they made the HD version iptv only and not qam. SD qam only is also true with TVLand, Logo, FXM, AHC, Magnolia, FS2, Sundance, Nick2, Nicktoons, TeenNick, NickJR, MTV2, Pac12, cspan2, cspan3, DiscoveryLife, Great American Family, BET Her, Flix, INSP, BBCNews, FanDuelTV, Cleo, and several others.

There have been a few new channels that never made it to qam like Hallmark Drama for example.

Revolt, FM, and Aspire show up on my Tivo guides but neither the SD or HD versions work. Not sure if those have ever been on SD qam.

I only use Comcast TVE for several HD version not carried on the cablecards. Those channels are Sundance, FXM, Logo, TVLand, FS2, Pac12, AHC, Magnolia, Hallmark Drama, Ovation Mystery Alley.

I recently ordered 4 more cablecards from Comcast and 3 more HDHR Primes from eBay. Activating and pairing the new cablecards is now fairly easy since Comcast fixed their cablecard setup website.

I now have 6 HDHR Primes with a total of 18 cable tuners. I know that on most days that is overkill, but I figure since the cards and additional outlet charges are $0.00 then I might as well enjoy while Comcast continues to support cablecards. I do like not having to worry about recording conflicts and really like adding extra time to games, events and even a minute or two to most shows so the end isn't missing.

The ability to add so many HDHRs to Channels DVR server is truly amazing and seems to work flawlessly.

Now, I have to keep an eye on another cheap HDHR Quatro or Flex 4k to further expand my OTA recordings. I mainly record new network shows and sports over the air since the quality is better than cable.

I think I've maxed out my splitting of my Comcast cable line. It is amazing how many tuners 1 coax cable line can support and also my internet connection. I've done a lot of testing and my cable recording have had no problems that I've seen.

Right now I have the cable line split 4 ways. 1 cable goes directly to my cable modem, 1 cable goes to 3 TiVo Roamio Pros, 1 cable goes to 3 HDHR Primes and the final cable goes to 3 HDHR Primes.

I paid an average of about $35 for each HDHR Prime, and about $50 each for each lifetime TiVo Roamio Pro. All from eBay over the years.

3 Likes