Timed Stop - Sleep

A sleep timer is a great feature. Is this something that's even possible with the plethora of devices that run Channels?

So it turns out, on the Fire stick 4k anyways, that if Channels had a sleep timer where the user could set it to shutdown Channels, disconnecting the client from the server, the Fire stick will eventually sleep itself. This would be really helpful for anyone falling asleep watching TV that doesn't want it to continue playing all night, something built right into Channels natively.

EDIT: Whoops. I see I entered this in the feature requests for Apple TV. Probably should have been in the general features request, but there are so many votes here ...

Thanks for Implementing the Sleep timer in the IOS app.

Would it be possible to have a option in Settings to set that as a default.
And a field for the length... so with ever channel switch it would reset set to the full length...

usually I plan to switch off myself... so I don't set it...
and even if i set it.. it is reset to of with every channel switch...
it is a bummer to use right now...

There's no plans to make the sleep timer to always be on every time you play something.

If you change the channel via the quick guide, the sleep timer will persist.

Just want to say. (in a kidding and very happy way). I am very happy to see this implemented. While our timelines for features may not always be the same priorities as those of the Developers. They always listen!!!

Huge Kuddos, and Thanks!!!!!!

2 Likes

Made the transition from TiVo back to Channels yesterday. I used the the sleep timer feature last night. It's great! My only complaint is it's too deep in the UI. There are several options, one might be to give it a tab next to Quick Guide and Options.

1 Like

Is this still on the roadmap by any chance?

Most likely no at this point. Mostly because HomeKit still has not real MediaPlayer object for devices.

But everything is there for someone else to give it a go as the Channels API is documented, the Channels component on Home Assistant is open source and viewable, and there's libraries for the Channels API written for both Python and Ruby to be examples for anyone that wants to write a library in another language.