Top Shelf empty in v4.5.0

The new version is 4.1.2206. It just finished uploading.

If you have a server-side Favorites collection and its in your filter settings for global/client, then Top Shelf and the rest of the app use that wherever they show Favorites.

Still not working. Diagnostics uploaded from the latest TestFlight version from both my ATV4 and ATV4K.

So once this is working properly, it will only use a server-side collection to populate Top Shelf if the collection is named "Favorites" then? I currently have my collection named "Favorites" but Top Shelf remains empty as long as the collection contains a m3u channel.

Correct, it will use the collection when the bugs are fixed.

I'm uploading another build now based on your latest diagnostics.

Still empty. Diagnostics uploaded.

Very strange.

Those M3U favorites work in the regular app just fine, with guide data shown?

Yes, they play fine and have guide data. They also worked fine in Top Shelf prior to v4.5.0.

I was experimenting this morning with the latest TestFlight Beta app. I started by completely removing the M3U playlist source on the server. I created a custom collection containing a combination of HDHR local channels and Hulu Live TVE channels and named the collection "Favorites". I set Quick Guide and Surfing to my custom "Favorites" Collection. At this point, Top Shelf was working correctly (it displayed the channels from my custom "Favorites" collection in the order I had set).

Then I added the M3U playlist source on the server. Top Shelf was still working.

Then I created a second collection and added some M3U playlist channels to it. I added this new collection as an available collection on the server. Top Shelf was still working (showing my custom "Favorites" collection, which didn't have any M3U channels in it at this point). Both collections work fine in the Guide and On Now, and all channels have guide data and playback properly.

Then I added a M3U channel to my "Favorites" collection. Top Shelf immediately disappeared and the Channels logo is displayed. All collections work fine in the Guide and On Now, and all channels (including M3U channels) have guide data and playback properly.

I only have the one M3U playlist to try it with, so I can't be sure if it's something to do with this specific playlist source, or if this problem occurs with any M3U playlist source. @tmm1, are you able to test with an M3U playlist source to verify?

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, this problem also occurs in the public release of v4.5.0, which only uses the built-in Favorites category/collection for Top Shelf. If I have any M3U channels marked as a favorite, it causes Top Shelf to be empty in the public release as well.

Top Shelf worked fine with M3U channel favorites prior to v4.5.0. So something must've changed in v4.5.0 that isn't handling M3U channels correctly to populate Top Shelf.

I hope all of that information helps you diagnose the problem. Let me know if you need me to try anything else - I'm happy to help. Thanks.

UPDATE: I just tested adding a completely different M3U playlist source and added one of the channels to my "Favorites" collection (after removing all other M3U channels). Top Shelf remained empty. So this appears to be an issue with any M3U playlist channels.

1 Like

Can you share the EXTINF line from one of the favorited channels

Should be fixed in latest TestFlight build.

2 Likes

Yes, it's working now with the latest TestFlight build. Print it!

Thanks!

1 Like

I am having this same issue with the latest TestFlight build 5.21.2135.
There is one M3U playlist I have with Custom Channels. These are channels I've manually added that don't have EPG, like free streams, some security cams, etc.

But as soon as I enable that source on my Channels client, the Top Shelf is rendered empty.
And as soon as I disable that source, the Top Shelf displays again.