Transferring DVR files to new drive

I’ve been recording my DVR shows to a hard drive that I am using for other video stuff as well. It is getting full very quickly. So, I am planning on buying a new drive just for Channels. Two questions:

1. Once I’ve copied the DVR folder (with all shows, database, etc.) over to the new drive, how do I get Channels to recognize the new drive/folder? Do I simply click the … next to DVR (showing the path name) in the Channels sever app and select it?

2. Are there any minimum requirements for speed of the new hard drive? I am thinking about buying this portal one…
    https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Portable-External-Drive-STGX4000400/dp/B07CRGSR16/ref=sr_1_22?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1538673703&sr=1-22&keywords=hard+drive

1 Like
  1. Yes. Move the folder, then uncheck DVR, click … to select the new location, check DVR again.

2. Any USB3 drive is fine.

1 Like

if you were a customer and in the market for a NAS based Channels DVR solution. specifically which one would you by at this point in time knowing they are constantly changing? capacity really only being the one variable i’m not concerned with your opinion on. mostly i’m curious as the brand/model/cpu etc

thanks!!!

Don’t know if that was directed to @tmm1, in particular, or the community at large, but, as I wrote in another recent thread:

HTH

yeah, it was directed at him, but thanks for your info. just curious as to what he considers to be the BEST performer on the market at the moment, capacity not withstanding.

thanks!!