Tubi for Channels docker

That is the last update.

OK. This is what led me to believe there was a v1.01
https://github.com/jgomez177/tubi-for-channels/pkgs/container/tubi-for-channels

I forgot to update the version number in html.

1 Like

Even though it says it is v1.00, it looks like a typo or missed update because it is v1.01, at least based upon the date. You can see that Latest and 1.01 share the same creation date:

There's a hardcoded date and version number that have to be updated here:

EDIT: Whoops, looks like the real builder beat me to the punch while I was typing!

1 Like

Ahh, makes sense.
The docker inspect RepoDigests sha256 matches what is shown at Package tubi-for-channels · GitHub

latest 1.01
Published 9 days ago · Digest sha256:6a66ef0dface7be4e246d30c5279db06e83418b1bc19b2617180c5bba62f4729

# docker inspect 95705a891242
[
    {
        "Id": "sha256:95705a8912424fa820d7230913cfec564374521557d8e91cc8c677cb6aa97857",
        "RepoTags": [
            "ghcr.io/jgomez177/tubi-for-channels:latest"
        ],
        "RepoDigests": [
            "ghcr.io/jgomez177/tubi-for-channels@sha256:6a66ef0dface7be4e246d30c5279db06e83418b1bc19b2617180c5bba62f4729"
        ],
        "Parent": "",
        "Comment": "buildkit.dockerfile.v0",
        "Created": "2024-03-19T14:43:42.216923125Z",

Thanks for the container! I've got it running in docker compose and I'm getting EPG data. I have noticed that I'm missing the WB Watchlist channel that is available when I view it on their web page. Is there any way to view that through Channels DVR?

I have Watchlist in my channels - but noticed that a new channel HBO Boxing has yet to populate.

The docker uses a cache and should check every four hours to update that cache. I'll look to ensure this is working as expected however you can restart the docker to ensure you force an update

I discovered the problem. I had only set up the Gracenote included source after seeing an earlier post. Will setting 2 sources in Channels, Gracenote included and Gracenote excluded, get all of the channels? I was confused by the multiple m3u and xml files listed in the Tubi Playlist.

It would and then use gracenotes for those that have a gracenote mapping. with the exclude using the XML. (of course, you could not use the gracenote parameter at all and only rely on the XML - up to you)

1 Like

failed to deploy a stack: tubi-for-channels Pulling no matching manifest for linux/arm/v7 in the manifest list entries.

I do have it running on my intel qnap, but would like to have it on a rpi docker.

You may find the best approach to dealing with this is to upgrade the OS on your RPi to 64bit. Many projects, including a number of mine, have become difficult or impossible to build for 32bit ARM. And given that all RPis from the 3 forward can run the 64bit OS, it's a worthwhile upgrade.

1 Like

Its a 4B but with only 2GB RAM, and it is already set up with a bunch of running services that I don't want the hassle of completely reconfiguring.
Containers for pluto, tv-plus, stirr, and similar all run fine on the 32-bit ARM. This container probably should be able to work also, if a build was made for it. I am asking dev to do a build and update the manifest. If not, I'll host it somewhere else if I find any Tubi channels that are worthwhile.

EDIT:
@bnhf thanks for letting me know it was an OS issue. I do have other servers and have decided to move all channels-related containers to a different server. So making this container compatible is no longer a priority for me. But it is possible that someone else in the future will try to install it on a rpi with 32-bit OS.

Maintaining 32bit builds is tough to do in the modern era as not many people uses a 32bit build anyways. I would recommend switching out the Pi in order to future-proof it a bit

Channel 3063 Alter Horror has the wrong guide data what can I do to fix it?

Tubi Shows this ...

Channels Shows this using gracenote...

Is there anyway I can offset the time in the M3U ?

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="tubi-692051" tvg-id="3063" tvg-chno="3063" tvg-logo="https://tmsimg.fancybits.co/assets/s124998_ll_h15_aa.png?w=360&h=270" tvc-guide-stationid="124998" tvg-name="ALTR" group-title="HD",Horror by ALTER
http://192.168.50.215:8089/devices/M3U-Tubi/channels/3063/stream.mpg?gracenote=include&format=ts

Edit I fixed it by disabling that channel and creating a new Channel with the TUBI data and epg.

The version of Alter that Gracenote has listings for has a completely different schedule which matches the version used by Sling, so an offset won't help for Tubi's version of the channel.

1 Like

Yeah I just created that channel using custom m3u. see above.

I had to delete some movies I had recorded ....

Unfortunately that is the gracenote_id the tubi api says is associated with the channel
Screenshot 2024-06-20 161526

As another workaround you could also add the following to the tubi_custom_tmsid.csv file (assuming you added the -v [your_file_location_here]:/app/tubi_data option to your docker)

id,name,tmsid,time_shift
692051,Horror by ALTER,,  

which effectively removes the associated gracenote id

I found a few more that were off but cannot remember which ones at the moment ... For Now I will use the regular M3U from tubi.

Nothing worse than sitting down to watch a movie but the recorded is not what you sat down to watch.

2 Likes

Reminds me of good old BBS days when you downloaded something and go to look at it and it was not even close to what the title says...Boy was that a shock...And let down...

1 Like

Well that was a bad Idea Channels DVR does not recognize the movies thinks they are Shows.

1 Like