Tuning to channel.. pause/stutter

I pay the $35 annual only to keep the HDHomeRun software working, and you're right - it doesn't exhibit the same symptoms when watching live TV. With numerous TiVos still in the house, that's the way we always watch live TV (with the added benefit that hitting record also records the buffer - for when short pauses can become hours or days or weeks). However, there are times that for whatever reason there's no desire to fire up a TV and the PC is already running, so I'll watch live on the PC if I'm already working there.

Stemming from the All-in-Wonder video card days, I still like putting a little window in the corner of the screen to keep track of live sporting events that are of interest to me. For this purpose I had become accustomed to preferring HDHomeRun over Channels DVR until I merged it with TVE and Frndly.TV - now I like the option of watching "live" while freeing up one of the HDHR Prime or HDHR Quattro tuners that HDHomeRun viewing would require.

The SiliconDust subscription is for 2 weeks of guide data and DVR functions.

The HDHomeRun app without a subscription still provides 24 hours of guide.

(And remember, because of their poor decision to force the client to download the app's UI at launch, their software doesn't work without internet, even for live OTA broadcasts.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.