Turn off new commercial detection?

You are not alone. I do not have commercial skip active nor have I ever activated it yet since the new com skip updates now all my recordings show commercial markers and give me a skip commercial button. Seems like there is a parent override on the channels side not the user side.

What device are you using? If I play back using Kodi with the Channels add-on I get markers. I don't have issues using Plex. I am able to have Kodi ignore the markers so it isn't a big deal. I haven't personally seen many complaints. I marked this thread as solved only because it isn't a big deal, although I would like to understand what is actually happening one day just to get the issue off my mind.

I was wondering if the Stable release has this feature yet? If not, I may try that and see if it shows the markers in Kodi.

Whatever the issue is, it coincided with this new commercial detection. Whether that is just a coincidence, I am not sure at this point.

Seems simple to me, but not sure if you agree.

Pick one of the recordings that shows the markers in Kodi.
If you still have the recording in the Channels DVR Library, play it using the Channels DVR web UI player.
Does it show commercial markers?
YES - Channels DVR marked them somehow, investigate
NO - Channels DVR did NOT mark them, investigate other software in the chain to see what did

No markers with web.
Only markers I see are with the Channels DVR Kodi add-on.
Will test more with the Android TV device I rarely use. Pretty sure I tested it and there were no markers but I will double check.

Plex has nothing to do with the recordings in question.

MCE Buddy has the recordings in question's folders ignored. Also, commercial detection has been turned off. MCE Buddy history shows that the problem recordings have not been touched.

Kodi uses the official Channels DVR add-on.

I'm sure you know this, but if the DVR web UI player doesn't show markers, none of the Channels clients will.

1 Like

I didn't know that because I don't use it. Thanks. I have the usual recordings scheduled for about now. I will check it out along with the Android TV and see what is up.

This should be fixed with the latest build.

Were the VEVO channels on Pluto channels where it wasn’t working? I’ve recorded some shows on serval vevo channels in the last few days and none of them have any commercials detected.