TV Anywhere more like NOWHERE!

Is it me or does it seem like more and more channels are going away from TV Anywhere? Networks moving to only using their own app. Local channels not existent (here in Atlanta). Its so frustrating that I can't seem to load provider in my channels system that does it all.

1 Like

Directionally I agree with you. There's work arounds that enable the retention of channels but it's becoming more complicated for the average user, and those aren't guaranteed to be available in the future.

3 Likes

1 Like

:rofl:

I would love to even figure out some work arounds lol

Here's the 3 most common workarounds:

I've been successful with all 3 but FuboTV is my go to solution. Requires FuboTV account, but even though it's one of the most expensive, it's also the most flexible (I power 3 homes with 1 account). The other 2 are more work to maintain and do not carry the WAF (wife approval factor) as she won't try and troubleshoot, she just calls me.

1 Like

That WAF is important lol.

I have a Fubo account I’m gonna check that one out first

1 Like

So far FIOS in NYC has only dropped PBS from TV Anywhere and that was PBS, not Verizon.

I think OP was referring more to the content providers dropping TVE (FOX, NBC, NFL Network, etc) vs. the aggregators (FIOS, YTTV, HULU, Comcast, etc).

Using the links I provided above, people have been able to restore access to many of those content providers within Channels.

Now if you have FIOS and Cable Card via HD Prime, then you are golden, but that's not TVE so likely not what you were referring to.

1 Like

I was!

I don’t watch much TV but my mom lives in NY and she has Fios so I just plugged her TVE info in channels here in Atlanta…that used to be great until recently! Networks started moving their content off TVE and into their own apps. If there is a way I can get those channels back that would be great!

I use both my HD Prime with cable card and TVE. I use TVE to get extra virtual tuners and in some cases the commercial skipping works better for recordings via TVE than the tuner.

There is always a way and in some cases the way is paying

Not sure Fios works with the HDMI or Chrome Capture solutions, and definitely doesn't work with FUBO TV Project.

If you have a FUBO account, then technically you could use any of the 3. However, some technical/programing/following instructions knowledge/skills is necessary (hence my comment earlier that this is "becoming more complicated for the average user".

I've myself had a steep learning curve, lots of trial and error, and lots of help from this forum, so it's doable. Unfortunately if you want to backfill those missing channels, it's not as easy as it used to be (insert username password and hit scan and everything is there).