TV Everywhere Experiences (Internal Beta)

In the settings, you can select the "Scan Network for Tuners" option, which ought to resync the status of channels and priority of tuners from the DVR. Otherwise, clients maintain their own list of channels separate from the servers; make sure they are disabled on the client, too.

This seems really crazy to me. Why do I want to go through this process on every TV?

1 Like

This appears to me that you should not need to do that. Like is the case with HDHomerun. But I have not tested.

If you prefer either only EST or only PST feeds, you can hide the unwanted channels via the DVR web UI by clicking the pencil icon shown under the TVE source.

If you disable a channel through the WEB UI it should also be disabled on the Clients when it connects to the DVR Server.

That's not happening.

I went through and disabled channels on the Shield and that corrected the issues with the grid guide. TVE conflicts were definitely causing the issues on the guide.

This is fixed in the 2.1.7 android release. Let me know if it still happens after that upgrade.

Currently you have to remove/readd but we are working on a rescan UI. There is also an api endpoint if you want to email support to ask about it.

You'd have to change priority, yes. Or for recordings you could favorite a channel.

The DeviceID look like "TVE-Cox" and can be used in place of ANY. You can see all the ids via the /devices api endpoint.

Please refer to the announcement FAQ:

Which guide? In the web UI? Or the app? On which device?

Many apps and the web UI default to showing only favorited channels.

This sounds like a major bug in the Android app. I'll take a look today.

For both Web UI and iOS. I don’t see a guide at all for the Comcast channels.

So you see the channels but there's no guide data? Or you don't see the channels in the guide?

I do no sign either. No Comcast channels or guide data. I only see the HDHR antenna channels and guide data.

Please email [email protected] with a screenshot. It sounds like you have not favorited any channels and your guide is in Favorites mode.

You can also try to reload guide data by clicking the circle icon under Xfinity on the DVR web UI. Then check the Log tab to see if guide is loading and if there are any errors shown.

Found and fixed this bug. A new beta build is uploading to the Play Store now. Basically the app would forget which channels were hidden every time it was restarted. This was similar to an earlier bug where it would forget which channels were favorited.

1 Like

I’m sorry..i’m very late to the TV Everywhere party; does TVE work and play well with You Tube Tv...?Ive completely cut the cord and decommissioned my prime/cable cards..only have OTA and You Tube TV (iptv) now..no cable..thanx in advance

Says not supported. Guess they don’t have enough tv everywhere logins

Any idea why I can't login to PS Vue? It worked on my linux server, but now trying to set it up on my Synology NAS using the docker image and getting this.

The log says the same thing:

2019/06/21 17:25:28 [TVE] action=page_ready
2019/06/21 17:25:28 [TVE] action=wait_for_page done=true reason=page_ready
2019/06/21 17:25:29 [TVE] action=fill_form [email protected]
2019/06/21 17:25:29 [TVE] action=wait_for_auth
2019/06/21 17:25:29 [TVE] action=request type=Document url=https://auth.api.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.do
2019/06/21 17:25:32 [TVE] action=page_ready
2019/06/21 17:25:39 [TVE] action=auth_timed_out
2019/06/21 17:25:39 [TVE] action=screenshot
2019/06/21 17:25:39 [TVE] Auth failed for sony_auth-gateway_net: chrome auth_timed_out

Works fine logging in locally in the browser.

I also got the working on my local Mac, but seems to be having a problem in the docker image. Can anyone confirm?

Please try it again, and email [email protected] if the issue persists.

So just double checking that the mycloud duo have a ARM processor and can’t try this tv everywhere experience

putting credentials for dish and get the following error.
google chrome not finding path to executable, reinstalled and still no joy.
Capture

Do you have Chrome installed onto your C:\ drive?

Got it now. Simple fix. Favorites was the issue. Thank you for helping my ignorance. LOL

1 Like