TV Everywhere Experiences (Internal Beta)

Getting authorization errors with Fitzy tv on Warner channels. Definitely a Spectrum problem.

Having problem like @d21mike and @Kryptonyte with PS Vue.

Will email logs.

1 Like

Verizon

I have a few channels that have "chrome auth_timed_out". What does that mean?

SCIENCE
AHC
DESTINATION-AMERICA
DISCOVERY-LIFE
INVESTIGATION-DISCOVERY
TLC
ANIMAL-PLANET
DISCOVERY

Those are all Discovery Communications channels.
https://corporate.discovery.com/

Psvue:
Hallmark and HallmarkMM show up in the list, but the 3rd Hallmark channel is missing entirely.

The Drama channel is not available in the web UI for hallmark so not available for TVE.

Does that mean this is a discovery issue? I have a few other discovery channels that seem to work fine.

Why does PSvue advertise it as available in the $60/month package that I posted the screenshot of? Is the channel only available on a handful of devices?

Not sure, it's just that all of those channels are Discovery Communications.
Do you get the errors when trying to view/record a channel or are you tring to edit/rescan or add the TVE DVR?

The Drama channel doesn't have a live stream through Hallmark website. Nothing can be done.

1 Like

Trying to get them enabled, via the TVE DVR.

You may have to send in logs, see this post just above

1 Like

You are not understanding how the TVE works. Go to the following URL and click on WATCH LIVE NOW. You will only see 2 of the channels. TVE actually pulls the TV Stream from web sites like this. So if there is not Web Streaming for a channel then TVE can not stream it (via Chrome Browser). You are thinking of the actual Apps like PS VUE or Directv Now or Sling etc. that do not use the Web Interface.

http://www.hallmarkchanneleverywhere.com/hclive.html

You're absolutely right.

I honestly thought that if I paid $60/month to Sony for their content that Channels DVR (for another 80 bux a year) could deliver that same content via the PSvue system, but apparently it can't do that. It's disappointing as I realize the limitations of this.

It's disappointing that you didn't read the post that describes how the system works and what channels are supported and still got upset when it worked exactly as it was designed to work.

6 Likes

Right, there are currently a few limitations. As you know you can of course still use the PS Vue Native App for missing Channels. My wife and prefer the Channels UI and local DVR with commercial skip over the limitation but it is personal preference. I do like the PS Vue App MutiView feature so I sometimes I use it for multiple News Channels. Regarding local network channels I use a HDHomeRun OTA which works very well. However, would be nice if they supported that for the regions where available via web UI.

1 Like

Sorry that you're disappointed in me. You deserve a full refund.

You can't record anything locally through the PS Vue app. After 28 the shows are deleted on the PS Vue DVR unless the show re airs.

1 Like

Mike, is there a good method where I can avoid paying the $80 per year for the channels dvr entirely, and still get all the media without compromises?

Exactly what do you want ... you tried the Channels DVR trial with TVE if it is not what you want then cancel the trial and try something else. You have to understand that you might not get all the channels you want it is up to you to figure out if what they offer is enough or not.

3 Likes