TV Show not importing

Having a strange issue with one of my shows not importing. Show in question is Blakes 7 which doesn't seem to want to import no matter what I do.
I've scoured the forums and tried a number of things:

• Under DVR > Manage > Unmatched - checked both Shows and Movies and can't find the show in either area.
  • Can't remember the exact URL but there was an endpoint which allows exporting a json of all imported movies/tv show data (big file) which I searched through and wasn't listed.
  • tried removing folder from the tv folder, pruning, rescanning, re-adding it back, pruning, rescanning and still no go

Show seemed to import fine to Jellyfin when I was using that, and files can be played without issues.

I'm at a loss what to try now so any help is much appreciated :slight_smile:

If Channels DVR imported it, it will say so in the DVR log.
By the way, both gracenote https://tvlistings.zap2it.com/overview.html?programSeriesId=SH00000608
and TMDB Blake's 7 (TV Series 1978-1981) — The Movie Database (TMDB)
list it as Blake's 7

Works for me

2024/08/30 21:22:11.264206 [SCN] Imported TV episode #832 Blake's 7 (1978)/S01E01 The Way Back.mp4
2024/08/30 21:22:12.222558 [SCN] Imported TV episode #833 Blake's 7 (1978)/S01E02 Space Fall.mp4

They show up under the wrong show name, but I'm able to Fix Incorrect Match

Screenshot 2024-08-30 at 21-29-21 Channels Bangla TV

1 Like

DVR web admin UI Support > API & Feeds
If I sort imported episodes by descending date added they show up.

Thanks for suggestions,

I remember seeing "Bangla TV" at one point and thinking wth is this however can't for the life find it again.. I've tried searching for it in my channels library, along with blake. I've taken Blakes 7 out of the directory, pruned and rescanned, renamed the folder to: "Blake's 7 (1978)" and moved it back into TV and re-scanned however nothing new is being added or even coming up under recently added.

Check the DVR log to see if they were imported

The # there (#832, #833) is the file id in the Channels DVR database.

By DVR Log you mean in Support > Log with all the other logs right?
Nothing was imported sadly, it mentioned dvr/scan when I told it to re-scan however nothing else came of it.

Can you share an example path

Within /mnt/nas/TV is the structure of all the tv series folders, for example:
/mnt/nas/TV/Blakes 7 > Season 1 > Episode 1.mp4
/mnt/nas/TV/Family Guy > Season 1 > Episode 1.mp4
etc.
Is this what you mean by example path?

Any ideas? Is there any way to force the logs to output more info or even force a show to re-import somehow?

I don't think those paths with the greater than signs will work, or "Episode 1". Try these
/mnt/nas/TV/Blake's 7/Season 1/S01E01.mp4
/mnt/nas/TV/Family Guy/Season 1/S01E01.mp4
etc.

For some shows it appears it can't find episodes within Season folders, like Blake's 7.
Putting the episodes in the show folder seems to work.
/mnt/nas/TV/Blake's 7/S01E01.mp4
Also renaming the Show folder to Blake's Seven will import episodes in the Season folders as unmatched. Then just fix match to correct the show.

To get the best matching (it won't be perfect) name the TV Show folder the same as the Show Title appears at zap2it.com, since ChDVR uses gracenote data to match TV Show imports.

Also include the season and episode numbers (S#E#) in the Episode file name, since ChDVR uses the show title, season and episode numbers for matching (it ignores episode titles, or seems to).

Sorry! I think I more or less confused the matter with my mention of the structure I am using.
So I've got the folder structure like so:

And here are what the files look like within that folder:

For some reason Channels DVR won't import some shows.
Unless the developers have another idea.
To get that show to import;

Were you able to import them?

1 Like

I've been able to identify why it isn't being imported and we're trying to figure out how best to handle it. Thanks for letting us know about this!

1 Like

This latest pre-release DVR build should fix your issue. Thanks for reporting it.

Perfect! Can confirm all fixed and can successfully see Blake's 7 being added as we speak. Thanks so much! A+ for the support!