TVE - can’t update chrome on Nvidia Shield

Discovery channels (own, food, hgtv, etc.) are not working on TVE. When I go to troubleshooting it says chrome is out of date. HeadlessChrome/89.0.4389.128. I update and it says ok but if you refresh it goes back to chrome out of date and a new scan still doesn’t see these channels. Websites themselves work fine for streaming. Any ideas?

I know when I did the chrome update. There was sometimes 2 or 3 of them. like v86, 88, 89 or something like that. Not sure if that is actually what you are seeing.

Depends on what u are running on. Your own Linux install, Windows, the Pi Image etc. Sometimes that "updater" may not work. Check the logs and see why it fails to update.

On my Pi, it failed to update a few times, rebooted the whole thing, then it updated fine. YMMV

Would help if you say what you're running Channels DVR on.
Some installs use a built-in headless Chrome which can be updated using the Green Fix button in Troubleshooting.
Other installs depend on you providing the latest version for it to use.

1 Like

I have TVE working again but it still says chrome is out of date. Weird. I have it on an Nvidia shield.

Mine is on a Synology NAS which has it built-in to Channels DVR.
I know it's also built-in to the TVE docker image.
For Mac, Windows and most Linux, you supply your own.

Not sure on an Nvidia Shield, one of the devs or someone familiar with it on an Nvidia Shield would know.

The Support Article on installing the Nvidia Shield DVR says nothing about it.

2 Likes

The Unraid docker tve chrome update has been broken for a while now. If you try to update it, it seems to work and say that the update was successful. However, without restarting the server it will eventually come back to saying that it is out of date. It hasn't caused me any issues as of yet but I rarely watch TVE live except for Sunday NFL and don't record with it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.