TVE channels getting dropped on upgrades

I upgraded to a new version when it was announced that CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox and PBS channels were being supported via a new TVE feature. When I 1st upgraded I picked up ABC, NBC and PBS. The next beta update gave me FOX and the one after that gave me CBS. Things were working great but then I did another update and lost my 2 PBS channels and CBS. I tried rescanning all channels and verified the checkbox for TVE was still marked. Is there a known problem with those channels in the Chicago market? Do I need to go back to an older version? If I need to downgrade which version should I use and how do I load a particular version?

The loss of most PBS networks is due to the pbs.org website forcing DRM in most streams. Not all networks are affected—mostly those who did not have their own internet streams before PBS put everything online—but most are. This is not something Channels can fix, but rather a change on PBS' side that made it incompatible.

As far as other local networks, the loss of those is usually due to 2 reasons:

1. The network website changed how they stream, and the channel needs to be rescanned.
  2. Your cable/OTT provider has changed their licensing/carriage agreements, and your subscription may no longer qualify.

Two things to try to fix the situation:

1. Make sure your DVR is updated with the most current pre-release.
  2. You can follow the steps I outline for forcing your DVR server to rescan for local networks:
    FOX TVE help - #22 by racameron
1 Like