TVE channels with smart ad detection - 2024 update

If regular Comskip was run, it was not on the "do not run list" as you call it. If WE was part of the smart detection, commercial detection would have happened, Comskip would not have been executed, and your logs would have reflected such. So by your own observation, WE is not subject to the smart detection.

What you are stating is that Comskip ran as expected, and you were happy with the result. So what is the issue?

(Since ad networks, streams, and CDNs seem to be shared across a family of networks, it looks like not only would WeTV not be party to smart detections, but all AMC Networks streams: AMC, BBCA, Sundance, IFC, as well as WeTV.)

Regular comskip ran automatically on the TVE Channel that I had asked @tmm1 to exclude from Smart detection... that is exactly how I like it ... exclude it from smart detection and run regular comskip.exe automatically. I would like the ability to exclude channels from smart detection and still run comskip app automatically.

################################################################
Generated using donator Comskip 0.82.011
Time at start of run:
Sun Feb 25 14:05:55 2024
################################################################
Mpeg: W:\DVR\TV\S.W.A.T\S.W.A.T. S04E07 2021-01-13 Under Fire 2024-02-25-1302.mpg
Exe C:\ProgramData\ChannelsDVR\latest\comskip.exe
Logo: W:\DVR\Logs\comskip\6160\video.logo.txt
Ini: comskip.ini

PS I have my own INI.

So what exactly was the point of your post? As I understand the situation as stated:

• you have previously experienced errors with "smart" detection on WeTV TVE streams
  • you requested that "smart" detection be disabled for that stream
  • "smart" detection for that stream has been removed, making it a target for regular Comskip

So what's the point?

(While making my response, you amended yours. So this is the crux:

Which is separate and different from the OP. If this is truly what you want, then create a separate thread. Instead, be genuine about what you want:

Sometimes I don't like smart detection, and want the ability to disable it for a particular channel.

Is that so difficult?)

1 Like

Why do you always have to be condescending. I want the ability to be able to do it on my own DVR .. Right now, I believe if I ask for a channel to be disabled from smart detection... it will disable it for everybody.

1 Like

I come across as a "jerk" (edited out from your original post) and condescending because I don't deal well with individuals who have access to the knowledge and answers to the questions they ask, but choose not to avail themselves of ...

As frequently as you comment, I would have thought you have familiarity with the forum; however you seem incapable of searching for answers that have already been given ... if you choose to revile me for my disdain of your inability to reference answers already given, I will gladly accept it.

1 Like

Bye I made my point.

Has there been a request to selectively disable "smart" detection? Just as with regular channel blacklisting for Comskip I know there is no UI for it, but I am unaware of any request for "smart" detection to be selectively disabled.

See my posts above where I pointed it out to tmm1.

TVE channels with smart ad detection - 2024 update - Channels DVR Server / TV Everywhere - Channels Community (getchannels.com)